The First Date Pt. 1 - Chapter 9
Several days went by without a word from Jacob, the guy who was eager to get a good luck charm put on him. Kaelin could still remember how he looked that day as she had finished her spell. It made her grin as she tried to pay attention in class.
As soon as class let out, Kaelin was suddenly greeted with a bouquet of flowers put in front of her face before she step out onto the sidewalk.
"For you...Dearest Kaelin.." That voice! Jacob!
His head popped up over the flowers, and he wore the biggest grin. Kaelin laughed and grinned back, nervously bringing her hands up to cradle the flowers in her hands.
"Wow! These are beautiful! Thank you so much.." She smiled, looking up at the guy's face.
He grinned and winked at her.
She grinned back and smelt of a flower. "So, did it work? The spell, I mean. I assume that is why you are giving these to me?"
Jacob clicked his tongue in approval and nodded his head. "Yeah, pretty much! I had the best luck yesterday! I was able to pass that test that I forgot to study for yesterday. I'll say that you have certain type of 'charm' about you, Miss Kaelin, haha!"
Kaelin giggled and smiled at Jacob. It was hard to not look at him. He had deep eyes that just drew you right in.
Soon, they were both chatting it up and finding a lot of things out about each other. Soon, they both had to go because another class was starting.
Kaelin started to step away from him and tell him good bye, but Jacob reached out and gently grabbed her wrist. He wasn't rough or anything, but he pulled her closer to him.
"Hey..." He said softly, looking down into her eyes. He smiled again at her. "Would you like to go on a date sometime?"
Kaelin blushed deeply. Was this really happening?! She hadn't been here that long and already she was getting asked out by a guy! She thought about it for a moment before answering him.
"Ah..y..yes! Sure! I mean, okay! I will have to let you know when I'm free, alright?" Kaelin grinned and bit on her lower lip gently, feeling nervous.
"Great! Ah, here's my number." Jacob said, putting his number into her cellphone and grinned at her. He patted her hand gently, wanting to hug her, but refrained. 'No, not right now. It's not the right time to get close to her...' He thought, not wanting to rush this. He was so excited!
"Just call me, okay?" Jacob looked down at his watch. "Damn! Time for class. I..I'll talk to you later, Kaelin! See ya on our date!" He smiled and waved good bye to her as he ran off to class.
Kaelin waved back, smiling from ear to ear.
Yes, this was good. Finally, something positive was happening in her life!
As soon as class let out, Kaelin was suddenly greeted with a bouquet of flowers put in front of her face before she step out onto the sidewalk.
"For you...Dearest Kaelin.." That voice! Jacob!
His head popped up over the flowers, and he wore the biggest grin. Kaelin laughed and grinned back, nervously bringing her hands up to cradle the flowers in her hands.
"Wow! These are beautiful! Thank you so much.." She smiled, looking up at the guy's face.
He grinned and winked at her.
She grinned back and smelt of a flower. "So, did it work? The spell, I mean. I assume that is why you are giving these to me?"
Jacob clicked his tongue in approval and nodded his head. "Yeah, pretty much! I had the best luck yesterday! I was able to pass that test that I forgot to study for yesterday. I'll say that you have certain type of 'charm' about you, Miss Kaelin, haha!"
Kaelin giggled and smiled at Jacob. It was hard to not look at him. He had deep eyes that just drew you right in.
Soon, they were both chatting it up and finding a lot of things out about each other. Soon, they both had to go because another class was starting.
Kaelin started to step away from him and tell him good bye, but Jacob reached out and gently grabbed her wrist. He wasn't rough or anything, but he pulled her closer to him.
"Hey..." He said softly, looking down into her eyes. He smiled again at her. "Would you like to go on a date sometime?"
Kaelin blushed deeply. Was this really happening?! She hadn't been here that long and already she was getting asked out by a guy! She thought about it for a moment before answering him.
"Ah..y..yes! Sure! I mean, okay! I will have to let you know when I'm free, alright?" Kaelin grinned and bit on her lower lip gently, feeling nervous.
"Great! Ah, here's my number." Jacob said, putting his number into her cellphone and grinned at her. He patted her hand gently, wanting to hug her, but refrained. 'No, not right now. It's not the right time to get close to her...' He thought, not wanting to rush this. He was so excited!
"Just call me, okay?" Jacob looked down at his watch. "Damn! Time for class. I..I'll talk to you later, Kaelin! See ya on our date!" He smiled and waved good bye to her as he ran off to class.
Kaelin waved back, smiling from ear to ear.
Yes, this was good. Finally, something positive was happening in her life!
******
Later that night, Kaelin had just finished studying and was about to go to bed when there was a knock on her door. Confused, Kaelin walked over to the door and opened it. Standing outside was a girl around Kaelin age, and she had an air of 'coolness' about her.
"Hey! Kaelin Summers, right?" She said, smiling.
"Ah, yes! That is me. Ah...you are?"
"Oh right! Yeah, sorry about that. I'm Tiffany! Tiffany Angles. One of Tiberius' other friends! He wanted me to come down and let you know that class was canceled for tomorrow."
"Oh, thanks for coming by! I'm really sorry I haven't been able to get in touch with him here lately." Kaelin let out a soft, nervous laugh.
"Ah, don't worry about it! It's actually great to finally meet you! If you like, you can come by tomorrow and study with us! We'd thought that would be a good idea for a couple of hours. If you're not too busy, come and stop by! "I'll let you get to sleep now. Looks like you've already been hitting the books." Tiffany grinned, nudging Kaelin in a friendly manner.
Kaelin had to laugh. She probably looked like a zombie with how much she was trying to get done.
"Haha, yeah! I'm a bit worn out...I will try to come by though, if I can! Tell Tiberius I said hello!"
"Will do! Well, I'll see you later, Kaelin! Have a great night!" Tiffany called out as she ran towards her bike and pedaled back towards her dorm.
"You as well! Good bye and good night!" Kaelin waved at Tiffany and watched her leave. Smiling, she went back inside and let out a sigh of relief. This was perfect! She had to call Jacob right now.
'I will try my best to go by and see my friend, but this gives Jacob and I time for a date!' She thought.
Kaelin picked up her cell phone and dialed Jacob's number. It rang a couple of times before that familiar voice was on the line. It was a bit groggy, sleepy-sounding. 'Cute..' Kaelin thought, blushing.
"Ah, hey! Jacob! It's me, Kaelin. I'm sorry did I wake you? ..Perfect.." She grinned as she listened to him talk. She interrupted for just a second to tell him the good news.
"So, how about that date? Say..a dinner and a movie?" Kaelin grinned and her heart filled with excitement as Jacob gave her his answer.
She was finally going to go on this date! It was so wonderful!
Kaelin hoped everything would go well. Now, it was time for bed.









Comments
Post a Comment