The First Date Pt. 2. - Chapter 10
Kaelin would have been a total liar if she said that she wasn't nervous about tonight. But, she was definitely nervous about tonight! She couldn't believe she had the nerve and confidence to call Jacob back and respond to his question he asked her the other day. They were going to go on a date! She still couldn't fully understand the concept due to the fact that she was so nervous, and yet, so excited!
That evening, Kaelin made sure to be ready when Jacob called her. She ate a small bite to eat, took a shower, even studied for a bit to keep her mind concentrated on what was going to be the greatest event so far in her life!
As the hours ticked away, Kaelin grew worried. She kept looking at the clock and at her cell phone but no messages or calls had come through.
She was starting to get upset and sad, thinking how could he possibly do this to her after what she did for him, when her phone finally rang.
Kaelin quickly clicked it open and said, "Hello?!", rather hastily.
"Hey, Kaelin! I'm so sorry for calling so late. I had a study group earlier that I forgot about, and we just got finished with it. Do you wanna come meet me in the Union to hang out for our date? I promise I will make up the time for you.." The tone in his voice seemed worried, and Kaelin could feel her heart melt a little.
"Y..yeah! That's fine! I'll meet you over there right away!" She said, stuttering out her words.
"Fantastic! I'll wait for you."
"Great! See you there!" She said, shutting of her phone and letting out a happy squeal as she hopped up from her couch and ran outside.
It didn't take too long to get to the Union by broom. Soon, she was inside and went upstairs to where the lounge area was located. It had pool tables, candy and soda machines, ping-pong tables, and arcade machines. It was like a student's wet dream of leisure and right in the middle of it, standing by a pool table, was who she had come to share it all with. Jacob.
Kaelin grinned and jogged up to him, tapping him on the arm gently. "Hey! I made it!" She grinned, watching him.
Jacob immediately grinned and was overjoyed to see her. "Wonderful! I'm so glad you could make it!! Wanna get a pool table and play a little?"
Kaelin nodded excitedly. "Yes! That would be fun! Oh, wait. Can I..I mean.." She blushed a little, bringing out her camera. "Can we get some pictures together? I mean..I just.."
Jacob grinned. "Of course we can! I love pictures, though don't try to tell my parents that, haha! They -always- want to take family photos."
She giggled a little, "Well, don't worry! It's just us.." Kaelin couldn't believe she had so much confidence in herself to do this. This guy was handsome and kind to her and she was going to take pictures with him! Being someone who didn't like being around people, she sure did like to be around Jacob. He made her feel....safe. She pressed up against him, with her arm around his back and held the camera in front of them. Jacob took the chance to get even closer to her by wrapping his arm around her waist.
"Say cheese!" Kaelin said, grinning widely. Jacob smiled, but his eyes couldn't focus on the camera. They stayed on her...They continued to stay that way until she had finished taking the photos.
"Great, awesome. Thanks...Jacob.." Her voice trailed off as she looked up to see him looking at her. There was something about his stare that made Kaelin's heart beat so fast. Then he smiled, and it just..made her into mush.
"No problem.." His voice was low, careful. He grabbed at her hand suddenly and pulled her gently towards a pool table. "Now..Let's see how good you are." He smirked, walking towards the back wall to grab them some pool sticks.
Kaelin blushed and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Ooh, I don't think I'm very good at it, but we could give it a shot, right?" She grinned.
"Right! Let's rack 'em up!" Jacob said with great enthusiasm.
Hours had past and both of them were still playing pool. Kaelin got lucky in her first game, but then Jacob showed her what he knew and after a while both were pretty spent on the game. As they finished, Kaelin had just finished laughing at something Jacob said when she realized that this was probably the end of the date.
"So..What should we do next? Have any ideas?" Kaelin smiled at Jacob.
Jacob sauntered over to her after he had put the pool cues away.
"Well...Not really too much to do...What about that movie? Would you care to go see one with me?"
Kaelin's eyes lit up. Well, of course she would! "Do you have to really ask? Let's go!" She said, grabbing at his arm gently and walked with him.
That evening, Kaelin made sure to be ready when Jacob called her. She ate a small bite to eat, took a shower, even studied for a bit to keep her mind concentrated on what was going to be the greatest event so far in her life!
As the hours ticked away, Kaelin grew worried. She kept looking at the clock and at her cell phone but no messages or calls had come through.
She was starting to get upset and sad, thinking how could he possibly do this to her after what she did for him, when her phone finally rang.
Kaelin quickly clicked it open and said, "Hello?!", rather hastily.
"Hey, Kaelin! I'm so sorry for calling so late. I had a study group earlier that I forgot about, and we just got finished with it. Do you wanna come meet me in the Union to hang out for our date? I promise I will make up the time for you.." The tone in his voice seemed worried, and Kaelin could feel her heart melt a little.
"Y..yeah! That's fine! I'll meet you over there right away!" She said, stuttering out her words.
"Fantastic! I'll wait for you."
"Great! See you there!" She said, shutting of her phone and letting out a happy squeal as she hopped up from her couch and ran outside.
It didn't take too long to get to the Union by broom. Soon, she was inside and went upstairs to where the lounge area was located. It had pool tables, candy and soda machines, ping-pong tables, and arcade machines. It was like a student's wet dream of leisure and right in the middle of it, standing by a pool table, was who she had come to share it all with. Jacob.
Kaelin grinned and jogged up to him, tapping him on the arm gently. "Hey! I made it!" She grinned, watching him.
Jacob immediately grinned and was overjoyed to see her. "Wonderful! I'm so glad you could make it!! Wanna get a pool table and play a little?"
Kaelin nodded excitedly. "Yes! That would be fun! Oh, wait. Can I..I mean.." She blushed a little, bringing out her camera. "Can we get some pictures together? I mean..I just.."
Jacob grinned. "Of course we can! I love pictures, though don't try to tell my parents that, haha! They -always- want to take family photos."
She giggled a little, "Well, don't worry! It's just us.." Kaelin couldn't believe she had so much confidence in herself to do this. This guy was handsome and kind to her and she was going to take pictures with him! Being someone who didn't like being around people, she sure did like to be around Jacob. He made her feel....safe. She pressed up against him, with her arm around his back and held the camera in front of them. Jacob took the chance to get even closer to her by wrapping his arm around her waist.
"Say cheese!" Kaelin said, grinning widely. Jacob smiled, but his eyes couldn't focus on the camera. They stayed on her...They continued to stay that way until she had finished taking the photos.
"Great, awesome. Thanks...Jacob.." Her voice trailed off as she looked up to see him looking at her. There was something about his stare that made Kaelin's heart beat so fast. Then he smiled, and it just..made her into mush.
"No problem.." His voice was low, careful. He grabbed at her hand suddenly and pulled her gently towards a pool table. "Now..Let's see how good you are." He smirked, walking towards the back wall to grab them some pool sticks.
Kaelin blushed and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Ooh, I don't think I'm very good at it, but we could give it a shot, right?" She grinned.
"Right! Let's rack 'em up!" Jacob said with great enthusiasm.
******
Hours had past and both of them were still playing pool. Kaelin got lucky in her first game, but then Jacob showed her what he knew and after a while both were pretty spent on the game. As they finished, Kaelin had just finished laughing at something Jacob said when she realized that this was probably the end of the date.
"So..What should we do next? Have any ideas?" Kaelin smiled at Jacob.
Jacob sauntered over to her after he had put the pool cues away.
"Well...Not really too much to do...What about that movie? Would you care to go see one with me?"
Kaelin's eyes lit up. Well, of course she would! "Do you have to really ask? Let's go!" She said, grabbing at his arm gently and walked with him.
******
It was pouring down rain when Kaelin and Jacob finished their movie. Jacob quickly brought out his umbrella and sheltered them from the downpour. Kaelin laughed a little and stood beside him. She started talking about the movie and how great it was. Jacob agreed and he brought her a little more under the umbrella. She was getting soaked!
"Kaelin! Stay closer to me..." Jacob laughed.
Kaelin couldn't help but laugh as she pressed herself against Jacob. "I..I'm sorry! It's just..This has been really great. You're really great, Jacob."
She could see a slight blush come across Jacob's face as he smiled down at her.
"You're pretty great too, you know? And I hope...everything goes well with you with your magic, you know? You're the first of your kind I've ever been around. It's pretty..." Okay, this was going to be lame, but he had to say it, "..magical."
They both laughed and started to run towards the street to flag down a cab. It was pouring down a flood, but between both of them, their souls were on fire for each other.











Comments
Post a Comment