A New Crush - Chapter 8

Things were going very well for Kaelin now. She was seeing an improvement in her grades and was able to see her friend, Tiberius, at least two or three times out of the week. Though she stuck to a strict schedule, the witch finally found time to relax. 

After one class in the middle of the week, Kaelin decided to unwind by playing a round of hackey-sack. She had been practicing, along with her magic, in her home. She was getting pretty good at it! 



As she was playing, a voice seemed to be calling out to her.

"Hey there! Nice kicks!" Kaelin looked around and was startled when a handsome, young man came up towards her side.

"Oh! You scared me!" Kaelin laughed, letting the hackey-sack fall to the ground as the man stood beside her, grinning a bit. 

"Hey there!" She smiled, brushing her blonde bangs out of her eyes. 

"Ahh...Can I help you?" 

It seemed the guy was still staring at her. He shook his head quickly and corrected himself. 

"Right, right! I'm sorry. I saw you over here and...Haha.." He let out a nervous laugh. "Look, I don't know my way around. I was hoping you would know? I don't know.." He grinned, shuffling his feet some.

Kaelin smiled back, feeling very shy now. She shrugged some. 

"I have to be honest with you, I don't know too much myself, haha! I mean..I know where a few buildings have classes are. What class are you looking for?" She asked, staring at the man.

"Ah..yeah. I'm sorry again, I meant to tell you my name and properly greet you." The guy shook his head some. He really seemed to be preoccupied, thinking about something.

"My name is Jacob. Jacob Salaman." He grinned widely, shaking Kaelin's hand. 



"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Jacob. My name is Kaelin." She grinned back at him and shook his hand. 

Jacob stood there for a moment longer, wishing he didn't let go of Kaelin's hand. She was just so...different. There was something about her, plus her hands were really smooth and nice. 'Okay, Jacob...That's a little weird. Don't go over-obsessing about her damn hands.' 

Kaelin frowned some. "Are...are you okay, Jacob?" 

She noticed his face and how it seemed he was having an internal thought war going on. Jacob noticed Kaelin asking him a question, and he tried to shake his head, getting those random thoughts out of it.

"I'm sorry, Kaelin. Look, I'm just going to be totally honest with you. I know what you are, and I don't have a problem with it. I actually was wondering if you could help me out?" 

Kaelin looked at Jacob in astonishment. How did he know she was a witch? 'Well, I did practice some magic in an empty classroom before...' Kaelin thought. Kaelin didn't know what to say until the words just started flying out of her mouth.

"No, no! It's okay! Thank you..Jacob. Thank you for being very honest with me." She beamed at him, giving him a sincere smile. "Uhm, what did you need help with?"

Jacob smiles at Kaelin and nods. "Ah, yeah. Anyway, the thing is...could you put a good luck charm on me?" 

Kaelin grinned this time. "Of course! I can do that for you. Just stand back a little, okay? And..promise you won't get mad if it doesn't work?"

Jacob laughed a little. "Don't worry! I won't get mad. Alright, let's see.." He took a couple of steps back and let Kaelin do her thing.




Kaelin cleared her throat and slipped her wand out of her backpack and started to concentrate. She muttered the incantation and waved her wand in the air. Jacob prepared himself, wondering what would happen and if it would work at all. 

There was a loud bang and then a bright flash erupted from the tip of Kaelin's wand! Jason had to cover his eyes and could feel a weird, almost calming sensation come over him. 




It was over in about a minute. Jason opened up his eyes again, looking around at his body and making sure everything was still there. Kaelin noticed this and giggled. 

"I think you are still in one piece!"

"Haha, yeah! Thanks! I..uh..I guess we'll just have to wait and see then?" He asked her.

"Ah, yeah. I suppose so! Will you let me know if it had worked or not?" 

"Absolutely! I..ah, I'll see you around, Kaelin!" Jason said, giving her a shy smile and waved good bye to her.

Kaelin waved back, feeling giddy on the inside.

She really hoped that the spell worked. Kaelin had had a bad feeling she was going to be worrying about this until she was able to see him again.

Comments

Popular Posts