The Meet & Greet Pt. 1 - Chapter 5
Classes hadn't started yet, but there was rumors going around about an official 'Meet & Greet' at the student university. Kaelin wasn't sure if she'd be up to it since she didn't like being around people, but she thought she would give it a shot.
As soon as she arrived, she wasn't sure what she should do. She walked over to a table and there was several pamphlets and some free goodies. Kaelin grabbed up a poster, a frisbee, a hackey sack, and a candy bar. She didn't really know if she was only supposed to get one item or if they were all free, so she just took them all to be on the safe side.
"Hello! Welcome to Sims University!" A voice behind her called out. It startled Kaelin a bit that she almost dropped her free stuff before she could put it in her backpack.
"Oh! You scared me, haha" Kaelin laughed nervously. "Hello.."
"My name is Tammy Parker, and I'm the coordinator for this event! I hope you'll have a great time and will meet some new friends." The young woman grinned, wearing a very posh-looking suit. She seemed to have everything together in her life, and Kaelin wished she could be like that.
"It..It's very nice to meet you, Tammy. I'm Kaelin Summers." Kaelin raised her hand to shake the woman's nervously.
Tammy beamed and took the woman's hand. "It's so wonderful to meet you, Kaelin! If you need any help or just want to chat, I'll be here the whole time. Go and get yourself acquainted. Everybody will be upstairs later to mingle!"
With that, Kaelin was left to herself for a moment.
Unsure of who to speak to, there was a small group of people huddled up together. They seemed to be planning something because an abrupt of giggles and laughter suddenly busted out from them. They weren't directed at Kaelin, but she was unsure of what was going on with the group.
It looked like two boys were looking at her. One of them definitely noticed her. Grinning, he sauntered over and raised his hand. He just seemed so...cool. Kaelin tried her best not to blush, but she could feel her face get hot as he stepped up closer to her.
"Hey...Well, aren't you the prettiest thing I've seen in a while." The boy grinned.
Kaelin blushed furiously. "Ah..H..hi." She said, smiling a little back at him.
"My name's Derek. Derek Khan. So, tell me, pretty thing, how do you like being at the university?"
As soon as she arrived, she wasn't sure what she should do. She walked over to a table and there was several pamphlets and some free goodies. Kaelin grabbed up a poster, a frisbee, a hackey sack, and a candy bar. She didn't really know if she was only supposed to get one item or if they were all free, so she just took them all to be on the safe side.
"Hello! Welcome to Sims University!" A voice behind her called out. It startled Kaelin a bit that she almost dropped her free stuff before she could put it in her backpack.
"Oh! You scared me, haha" Kaelin laughed nervously. "Hello.."
"My name is Tammy Parker, and I'm the coordinator for this event! I hope you'll have a great time and will meet some new friends." The young woman grinned, wearing a very posh-looking suit. She seemed to have everything together in her life, and Kaelin wished she could be like that.
"It..It's very nice to meet you, Tammy. I'm Kaelin Summers." Kaelin raised her hand to shake the woman's nervously.
Tammy beamed and took the woman's hand. "It's so wonderful to meet you, Kaelin! If you need any help or just want to chat, I'll be here the whole time. Go and get yourself acquainted. Everybody will be upstairs later to mingle!"
With that, Kaelin was left to herself for a moment.
Unsure of who to speak to, there was a small group of people huddled up together. They seemed to be planning something because an abrupt of giggles and laughter suddenly busted out from them. They weren't directed at Kaelin, but she was unsure of what was going on with the group.
It looked like two boys were looking at her. One of them definitely noticed her. Grinning, he sauntered over and raised his hand. He just seemed so...cool. Kaelin tried her best not to blush, but she could feel her face get hot as he stepped up closer to her.
"Hey...Well, aren't you the prettiest thing I've seen in a while." The boy grinned.
Kaelin blushed furiously. "Ah..H..hi." She said, smiling a little back at him.
"My name's Derek. Derek Khan. So, tell me, pretty thing, how do you like being at the university?"
"I...uhm.." Kaelin was so nervous, she couldn't even answer him! The guy chuckled a little, admiring her shyness.
"Alright, alright. How about we play a game? I'll ask something about yourself and you ask me? Okay?" Derek grinned and started.
"I'll go first. What's your name?"
"..Kaelin." She said letting out a breath. That was easy! She realized it was her turn, so they kept at it for several minutes before they finally got to talking about different things. Kaelin would ask him about his zodiac sign, and he started asking her about her interests.
Kaelin beamed at him, feeling the courage to tell him about her witch powers. 'Maybe he'll understand?' She thought and started to explain to him what she was and what she hoped to achieve.
Derek's face suddenly contorted, and he shook his head. He wasn't expecting to be talking to someone who was interested in spells and potions!
"Hey, look. I'm sorry to do this, but I..I think I have to go." Derek said, making up excuses. "I don't think we need to talk anymore, alright?"
Kaelin frowned. She knew it. This interaction made her so upset, she got sick! Without saying goodbye to the boy, she rushed to the bathroom!
How was the rest of the day going to go? Will she ever be accepted into this new place or should she go home?









Comments
Post a Comment